EPA mileage web site URL

FYI ---

New MPG Ratings at ..

How Vehicles Are Tested:

Bob

=== Like anyone would really trust any test our Gov. had anything to do with. :(

Reply to
KybonaWhogonna

Remember - Big Brother is watching you :) be careful what you type....

and for those who can't use a spreadsheet or want to give Gov. more info... a website that will "help" you calculate and track your fuel economy and compare to EPA .....

they even have a form you can print out to record your purchases.....

Reply to
Bob

........ lines deleted ............

My humble suggestion ---

BOYCOTT !!! - refuse to by any until the price is back to $0.25 per gallon....

If you all refuse to buy any gas, there will be a surplus and according to the "law" of supply and demand - the price will go down to $0.00 ...

Reply to
Bob

=== Well at over $3+ a Gallon I just buy around 3 gallons and when that is about gone I buy 3 more gallons. If I am getting 12 or 25 MPG what can I do about it. :-(

Reply to
KybonaWhogonna

=== Well everyone on my street makes up for how little I drive. They are running the roads day and night. Non stop just driving to a quicktrip for a soda or a bag of chips. It's pretty funny to watch. :-)

Reply to
KybonaWhogonna

You'd have to get the entire world to buy that theory. Oil not sold to the US will find a market elsewhere. China and India come to mind.

Reply to
Poots The Lizard

good Idea Bob

Good thing the entire US economy isn't "Oil consumption based".

while we are at it, lets stop going to work, turn off the electricity to our homes, stop buying food, stop drinking water(pumped using electricity generated from oil), and taking any drugs made with petrochemicals.

and lets throw in stop using fertilizers to grow food - which we wouldnt need anyway, since without gasoline the stores would be empty.

Reply to
common_ sense

=== Funny thing happened while our Gov. has been fighting the war on the so called terror. The rest of the world has pasted the United States in everything. So we who are stuck with the problems our Gov. has brought on us will just have to deal with the high prices we must pay. Think about that come the next election.

Reply to
KybonaWhogonna

That happens to be exactly what the invasion of Iraq was about -- securing the distribution of oil to us over China and India, which have both been making overtures to the oil-producing countries of the Middle East.

Only the Saudis were smart enought to accept the deal offered by the U.S. decades ago -- they can keep on cutting off people's hands; veiling and abusing women; doing whatever their Wahabi version of Islam dictates-- as long as they keep the price of oil stable. So much for spreading democracy in the Middle East!

US made the same overture to Saddam, but he was naive enough to think that he has the right to control his own oil, plus he wanted to deal in euros rather than dollars. You know what they say about "an offer you can't refuse". He did -- and millions of suffering innocent Iraqui civilians, not to mention our own dead and wounded, not to mention the horror of the open-ended captivities at Abu Ghraib (sp) and Guantanamo

-- are the consequences.

Reply to
aspasia

I'd trust it much quicker than I'd trust any test by anybody on newsgroups.

In order to trust test results you have to understand the way the test was performed. That's easy to get from the government, and usually verifiable and repeatable. The garbage spewed daily on newsgroups is not verifiable and at best some some unknown persons unsupportable opinion.

Reply to
PhillyRot

Big Amen to that for sure.

They will not believe test results conducted under rigorous controlled scientific conditions, but will hold as gospel their own anecdotal opinions and calculations.

Reply to
common_ sense

Hi Bob,

The new MPG is real life MPG, I like it. The only one was really made to help the car sellers boost their sales.

Mike.

Reply to
Mike

Funny suggestion Bob, how are you going to work while waiting for the gas to come down? I don't think it will come down. It will only go up and up to $5 - $6/gallon, just like in Europe they are paying $8/gallon so if US is not happy to buy then the oil suppliers will sell to China.

It is our dollar going down in its value, that's part of the problem too. So I hope you see my point.

Mike

Reply to
Mike