Forgive my ignorance

Hi, group - it's been a while. Time to turn in the '92 SE - I'm looking at either a 2K or 2K1 SE. Questions - I know the 2K has the 3.0L V6 - does 2k1 also, or the 3.5L? Is premium required for either/both of these engines?

Are there any generic problems inherent in either of these models (as in the quite irritating cam tensioning springs fiasco on the '92 that cost me $1500)? I've heard good things about the power and smoothness of these engines.

Finally - any idea what a nice one would go for (say 40-60k miles)? Is CarMax as overpriced as I think it is?

Thanks so much to all you Max buffs.

Mixe

Reply to
Mixe