keyless remote not working

I have a 1996 Maxima automatic, i was inside the car and playing with the remote. i held down the unlock button for a few seconds. After that both my keyless remote stops working. I can only use the key. Can anyone help?

I check the owner's manual. it only mention 3 conditions where the remote will not work.

  1. key in lock
  2. remote out battery
  3. remote is out of range (over 15m or 49ft).

thanks in advance Albert in Toronto.

Reply to
albertiwong

You can try reprogramming them. The directions are in several places on the net (like

JimV

Does it not work at all, of very intermittent? I have a 2000 Maxima GLE and the remote is very "flakey" - it sometimes works from far away and sometimes barely when I am standing in front of the driver's side door. I have changed the battery.

I read a post here that sometimes the antenna on the remote receiver in the car gets loose, but I have not been able to find the location of it.

Reply to
Chris F

I have reprogrammed both my remote controllers and my problem is solved.

My problem was, that when i was inside the car, i played around with one of my controller by holding down on the unlock button. that somehow screwed up the anti theft alarm and both my controllers were disabled.

i got the reprogramming from this newsgroup (google) what a life saver. Thanks everyone.

Chris F wrote:

Reply to
Albert Wong

In point of fact, you re-programmed the car, not the controllers.

Reply to
Richard Tomkins