Got a question about my nissan

I have a 94 nissan 4x4 truck. Went to dealer because the speedometer was not working. He said it was the speed sensor and gear. 169 for sensor and 38 for gear. He charged me 4 hours labour at 63 dollars an hour. And to add to that two centres are missing off my from aluminum rims My question is 1) does the tires have to come off to replace this part? 2)I know the sensor is on the tranny somewhere (its a standard tranny)....but what has to be removed to installed this part and does 4 hours seem normal? I think they ripped me off.

Pls tell me. I have to called the owner of nissan monday to complain. Because I was originally told 2 hours and my centres are missing. thanks

Reply to
Devils Advocate

It sounds like two hours would do it. I think they over charged you. ronm

Reply to
ronm

tranny)....but

Reply to