Howl? Differential carrier bearings?

My '96 SE (stick...95K miles) has started to howl at highway speeds. Not tire noise but close to gear noise. No impact from engine speed or load. Does seem to worsen with time. No leaks.

Does this sound like the infamous differential carrier bearing problem?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Mouse

I assume you checked the gear oil level?

Reply to
JimV

Reply to
Art and Monique

Thanks for the comments. Unfortunately, the gearbox is full and the sound isn't the wind (wish it was). I'll share the results of my trip to the shop next week. Sigh!

I don't like it when I have to cop to stupidity here, but in the interest of the facts...

Howl was tires. Cupping. Sigh. All quiet now. Bye bye Bridgestones...

Mouse

Reply to
Mouse

Reply to