installing FSTB?

I just ordered a FSTB for my 01 max and it's comming in today. was just wondering about installing it. it looks pretty straight forward (take off nuts from teh top of strut towers place brace on, and then screw them back on) I'm going to use some anti seize on them as I've read people doing just in case I need some warranty work done at nissan and they don't try to not honor it because of that (my local nissan dealer always trys to screw me) is ther anything else I should look out for installing this? do teh bolts have to be torqued to a certian degree, is it better to have them too loose or too tight (I'd imagine having them looser would be worse than too tight) thanks in advance

Reply to
Dr. Nick

there is a ton of info on maxima.org - here's a link regarding the FSTB installation:

HTH,

Brad

Reply to
Naxray

You may have to remove an A/C control valve on the right (passenger) side to allow you to put that side bracket on.

Be sure to park the car on flat, level ground and turn wheels straight before starting. Once the shock tower nuts are removed, do not turn wheel or bounce on suspension until they are retightened.

No need for anti-seize here... both nut and bolt are steel and should they rust liquid wrench works great to loosen them later on. You'll be much safer torquing the nuts to spec (should be given with the instructions)... beg, borrow or buy a torque wrench, beam types are pretty inexpensive and quite suitable for this type of job. An added benefit is they don't lose their calibration over time and use.>

Reply to
BuddyWh

Make sure the car is on a level surface. And use a torque wrench.

Bill G '91 SE Auto

Reply to
Bill G

Reply to
Dr. Nick

SHHHH!!!!!! Not so loud! Or know-it-all Steve T will completely discount your personal experiences with the FSTB. You couldn't possibly have noticed any difference with or without the FSTB. It's all in your head, just remember that.

;-)

Bill G '91 SE Auto I love my FSTB too!

I borrowed a torque

Reply to