looking to buy a 2003 max titanium edition not sure though

i found a one owner 2003 max titanium editoion with navigations system for $12000, its got 76k miles on it. runs great and is car fax clean and everything. i just dont know if its a good buy with 76k miles on it even though its under blue book. will be my first maxima, all i have heard is good things about them. anyone have this car, and willing to give me advice? . does the navigation work well also, or is it even usefull? thanks -mattyboy44

Reply to
mattyboy44

I bought a 2003 GLE 12 months ago, I think it's a Titanium edition, can't find the paperwork. Sunroof, heated leather seats, climate control, etc. It does not have Navigation. Had 45k miles on the clock, and therefore 15k miles of warranty. Paid $16,200.

Looked at cars with Navigation and read up about it. Seems like a fun feature to have but also have to buy the CDROMs and updates for the areas you want to travel.

I bought my 2003 Maxima after having had a 93GXE for 5years. I read all the reviews and asked advice on this news group. All were positive. Nissan Tech, a long time poster and Nissan technichian said the care was "near bullet proof".

Am well pleased with the car. Lot's of power, looks good (Sterling Mist), handles well. I'm not a fan of leather seats, too hot in Summer, but wife likes heated seats in Winter.

Price seems good, but that will vary with area of the country. Cars are expensive where I am, DC Metro area.

Hope this helps, Al Moodie.

Reply to
Al Moodie

I wouldn't worry about miles if it's been taken care of. Do change the transmission fluid when/if you pick it up. Be aware that some 3.5s have oil consumption problems. Lots of info at

JimV

I have a 2003 SE max, 6 speed manual trans, titanium edition plus everything but the leather package, I bought it used about 2.5 years ago. Its been a great car, almost trouble free other than normal maintenance. If you have the 17 inch wheels, the tires can be very expensive to replace, I paid 147 each a year ago and I bought mid-price tires online from tire rack. Another minor problem these cars had with some of the Bose six cd changer systems, the left channel on the cd (not the radio or cassette) would intermittently go out, an expensive repair I didn't have done, I'm using an mp3 player through the cassette player for music. Otherwise great car, superb engine.

John Smith