looks like I need a new clutch

on my '99 SE after 55K miles. Yeah, it's my fault, don't go there......

Any recommendations on which brand to get? I've heard there are aftermarket clutches much better than OEM.

Reply to
Doghouse Riley

The OEM clutch($190) is excellent IMHO. However, nissan sells a "key value" kit ($120) which is crap. Other alternatives are Exedy OEM-spec clutch ($130) or Exedy Racing Organic clutch($250), ACT HDMM Organic clutch($350).

CW

Reply to
CW

55k may be typical. A 92 SE I had lost it's pressure plate at 62k.
Reply to
twaugh5

I have an ACT waiting to go in when my current clutch starts slipping. However, it's at 118k and still going....

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman