maryland state inspection

Hi,

Does any one know of a mechanic who will do an MD state inspection for a fixed charge..... some repairs (not life threatening are needed, but given the age of my car and my uncertainty of keeping if for one more year) which can wait.

I would appreciate any leads.... Noela

Reply to
Noela

I'm not sure what you're asking. All of them will do the inspection for a fixed price. The fee varies widely (I've seen it as low as $40 and as much as $85) so make sure you shop around. There is nothing that requires you to get the repair work done at the same shop that did the inspection, in fact, you can do it yourself if you're capable. But some (many?) shops may charge a reinspection fee if the work was done elsewhere and the reinspection requires that the car be placed back on a lift. You might want to ask what their policy is before having the inspection performed.

Reply to
Dan