maxima 88 timing belt replacement

i am reading that the timing belt is really difficult to replace on 88 maximas. But i would like to replace it myself anyway instead of paying about 300-500 dollars. I have the manuals and know how to install it for the most part. I just need to be sure on how to tension the belt correctly when I am done. With this car, can i use the method of turning the belt about 90 degrees? I do not have anything to measure the tension with to match up with the book-specified force. Also, is there anything thing else i should know before attempting this (besides the obvious risks etc.) ?

Reply to
macguy85

I am posting a link to my question to the group. It is for a water pump on a 96 but I think you will see the similarities. I still haven't replaced it but I am leaning towards paying the $400 for it within the next couple of months.

(Copy and paste it if a hyper link was not created)

Reply to
Charlie 3