Nissan maxima 2000 coil 3 keeps getting burnt

Good afternoon, I have a nissan maxima 2000 which I purchased from a friend. Recently I started noticing some vibrations and the temperature in the car slightly increased. Took it to an auto mechanic who ran various check ups and told me my brain box has an error and will continue burning the coil unless we change it. Please I don't want to tamper with the brain box as I understand that might lead to more problems if it goes wrong. Any help please?

Reply to
Abiodun