'04 nissan maxima cold start rattle

I recently bought a '04 Nissan Maxima with a 3.5L v6. when I inspected the car it was warm and i didnt notice the rattle. when the vehicle is cold ONLY it will rattle for 1-2 seconds and disappear. that is the only time you hear it. warm start ups it doesnt rattle at all. after spending hours on youtube about it i'm not sure if its lifters or timing chain. has anyone had the same issue that can give me some advice on how to test and varify what the issue actually is. i cannot afford to replace major engine components if its not needed.

Reply to
vincentVENDETTA