oddity 99 Maxima SE-L

Hi-

Today my car began misfiring as I pulled out of the driveway. I took it to a friend's shop, we pulled a code showing cylinder # 2 misfire. Pulled the plug- looked fine. Had the coils done 3 months ago.

So, off to the dealer. An hour or so later, they couldn't find anything, and wiggled all the wiring looking for a bad connection. The car started running fine again. They told me to drive it and see if it happens again, no charge this time. They speculate either a bad connection that got reseated by wiggling the wires or possibly a bread somewhere in the wiring harness.

Anyone have a similar problem? Any resolution?

BTW, kudos to the dealer for not charging me- Regal in Roswell, GA.

Reply to
davidb1

View from Space

Never had injectors serviced.

Reply to
davidb1

Reply to
View from Space

I have had 3 injectors go bad. 2 of them did not generate a trouble code for weeks after I noticed hard starting and rough cold idle (just a little down on power when warm). Only one turned on the Check Engine light the same day, but it was continously running rough.

Have never had any ignition problems (95 SE purchased May 94).

Reply to
David Efflandt

probably has a coil that is getting ready to go.

Reply to
NissTech