Re: '95 6 cyl. intermittent stalling hard restart

...multible problems

- Some of the issues may be leaking coilpacks? (all 6 will not die simultaneously)

- I'd first go after electronics & groundings, see pages

10 and 14

- for nostart, check/replace ECU cont relay, then shoot at start circ from ign key to starter solenoid. This writeup is for 93 VGE model but most issues fit:

Wiikinki

So far, no connection with hot/cold or 'rainy' conditions. happens mostly on surface streets. Sometimes stalls, sometimes will not restart without pressing accel. pedal. Fuel filter rplaced (very dirty), still stalls. Swapped motor control relay with sunroof relay. Still bad. Driven with fuel pressure gauge connected - normal pressure. Read codes (not OBDII) code for TPS and TPS replaced. Still same symptoms.

Indie mech. so far seems interested in solving problem but??? I have spent $300 dollars so far (and about 60 for gas).

Any suggestions welcome.

Carl Hi did your mechanic clean the throttle body? also do you notice any hesitation coming from the vehicle? you could have dirty injectores

Reply to
johnin

There was some dlay getting the correct ECM but the car has been back now just 1/2 day and - so far - my daughter says no sign of stalling. The dealer seemed fairly confident it was the IACV motor/whatever. The ECM was a casualty of it 'shorting out'.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Well, spoke too soon, took it back today - same symptom. Evidently $1200 spent for nothing (not to mention the $300+ at the indie mech)

sigh

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan