Re: Compare these two 95 and 97 Maximas please

I am this close to make up my mind about buying a 97 Maxima before another

>seller returned my call. Anyway, here's the particulars. > >1995 Maxima SE Special Edition CDN $7000 >220K KM, leather and pretty much all options. Body in good shape, tiny bit >of rust on both dog legs. > >1997 Maxima GLE CDN $14500 >110K KM, leather and pretty much all options. Body in tip top shape and no >rust can be found. > >So I am torn between these two cars. I put on major milage on my car per >year and I'm just looking for a cheaper option. Lets say I play to put on >an extra 150K KM on both cars, which one would be a cheaper option, assuming >both cars are in average condition mechanic wise and no major disasters >happen in this span of time. Thank you for your help. > > >
Reply to
JimV

I konw it's hard to call. The 97 drives almost flawlessly but the 95 does not shift quite as smooth under hard acceleration. After thinking throught it much, I gather that if I were to bring the 95 to the 97 level in terms of performance, it'll probably cost me anywhere $1000 to $2000 (95 needs new tires right away and the 97 has good tires).

That trims the saving to about $5500 and I have a car that's 2 years and 110K KM older. Doesn't seem like much of a saving to me, does it?

So I'll most likely go with the 97 unless I receive some revealation in my dream tonight.

Reply to
goldfgn