Odometer took a dump 1995 max

well last week after filling up I reset the trip ometer to 0 as usual then after 99 miles the odometer and trip got stuck so i reset the trip about 20 times while hitting every speed bump in site and the odom and trip came back to live this lasted about 1.6 miles. since then nothing ive pressed the trip bumped the car ran over bumbs fast as i can and the damm thing whut do i need to do to get the trip and odometer running again .. most folks would be happy with this condition but im not my car after 8 years 95 max has actuall 33000 miles on it since new and dont want to taint the mileage in any way. do i need to get new cable (speedo is working fine) or whut?

Reply to
dotcom