Rear brake pads

Hi,

93 GXE auto 148k

I bought a complete set of disk brake pads from tirerack.com, Satisfied Pro Perform OEM pads.

The front pads a exactly the same as the pads on the car so I put them on.

However the rear pads are not an exact match. The outer rear pads on the car have a threaded hole in the center. A small phillips head bolt fits in this threaded hole and secures a small spring plate which holds the outer pad out against the caliper away from the disk.

The new pads DO FIT in the caliper, but it would mean I would have to discard the spring pate and bolt.

Advice wanted: Should I return these pads and look for exact replacements or just go ahead and accept that this spring plate MAY NOT be necessary.

Thanks, Al Moodie.

Reply to
Al Moodie