rough idle after spark plug change

I don't know what year you have (I'm late to the thread). If you have a later Max with the separate coils for each plug, go back and pull each connector off of each coil and check that none of the contacts on the coil are bent. I know enough how to connect things and still managed to do it once on one of the coils my '93 SE. If one is bent, gently straighten it out. Also, look at each of the contacts for any kind of corrosion. Clean the contacts if you think you see anything on either the coil contacts or the connector contacts.

Both of these are a stretch, but the bent contact is easy to miss if you don't look because you aren't expecting it.

What else did the Poop Boys do besides plugs?

Reply to
JC

Iginition coil for cyl. 5 was bad. When I changed the plug 5, I initially didn't move the EVAP stuff which blocked the access to the plug. In doing so, I think I bent the coil pack. Anyway, I swapped the coil 5 with 1 and 3 and so on to make sure the coil 5 was bad. I was getting occasional missfire codes (608, etc) and the code showed up for the cyclinder where the original 5th coil was placed. So, I got a new coil about a week ago and installed it, the problem was gone. Meanwhile, I had code for knock sensor and front oxygen sensors. I cleaned the ground for the knock sensor and the code was gone. But, o2 sensors errors stayed. I wonder the misfiring caused the O2 sensors fouled up. Anyway, I replaced O2 sensors also and now the siginals from the O2 sensors are within 0.1-0.9v as in the spec.

Reply to
QK