Something wrong on the brake!!!

Hi everyone!!! How's everbody? I have a 99 Maxima, I have a problem on my brake. Everytime I hit the brake then release and before I give the gas, it comes out some sound like "wo wo wo", I don't know what's wrong with it. I did change every part on the brake, but it still happen. What can I do, I feel so annoying when I'm on traffic. Do anyone what's wrong with it? Thx.

In addition, my EPA getting crazy this few days. When I get I full tank of fuel, I can run 110 - 120 miles before I hit the first quater of gas. In this few days the gas ran so fast, is it something wrong?

Reply to
1999stanmaxima

Sounds like the brakes are dragging. Check to see that the wheels turn free when the brakes are not being applied. That is, jack up the car and spin each wheel with no brakes applied. If one or more is dragging you will know it.

1999stanmaxima wrote:

Reply to
Jon Smith

so are u meaning, when I spin the wheel with no brake apply, then I will know is it dragging? If the brakes are dragging what should I do on it?

Reply to
1999stanmaxima

Dragging brakes are not always easy to find. Usually the pad wear is not even, sometimes you will notice a noise that disappears when the brake is applied.

Take the car to a professional for an inspection to ensure all moving parts of the brake are working smoothly.

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman

If you find that only one wheel has friction (doesn't turn easy) without brake applied, then the problem most likely has something to do with the caliper assembly. If this is the case, I bet that it would be cheaper to buy and install a rebuilt caliper yourself than to take it to a mechanic. HOWEVER -- if you don't feel strong about your mechanical ability it would not be wise to mess with something as important as brakes by yourself!

I oughta know -- I came within 1 inch of rear-ending a Lexus on my way to work this morning!!! If the brake performace had been the least bit off I would be experiencing a big headache right now . . .

Reply to
Feynmanfan