Stolen Maxima Headlights- Lawsuit

NEW YORK? On March 10, 2004, the law firm of Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP filed a class action lawsuit against Nissan Motor Co., LTD., Nissan North America, Inc., (hereafter collectively referred to as "Defendants" or "Nissan") on behalf of purchasers and lessees of Nissan's 2002 and 2003 Maxima model sedan ("Maxima") equipped with Nissan's High-Intensity Discharge bi-level xenon projector headlamps ("Xenon Headlights"). Plaintiff brings this class action to remedy Defendants' false and misleading business practices Plaintiff seeks damages, restitution of all sums paid by Plaintiff and members of the Class for the purchase and replacement of the Xenon Headlights, together with the cost of repair necessitated by the theft of the headlights and the payments made for purchase and installation of the repair kit. If you would like more information about the action or would simply like to receive updates about the progress of this suit via e-mail, please contact Anthony Vozzolo, Esq. Of Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP at telephone: (877)247-4292 or (212)983-9330 or via e-mail at: snipped-for-privacy@faruqilaw.com.

Reply to
Buckey

OMG!!

Now, I've seen everything! So, because an item is stolen from a particular car brand, the manufacturer is to be held liable?

Wait!!!!!

Okay, how aout this lawsuit? Back in 1987, I had a small fender-bender with my hardbody. I was turning into the parking lot of the local university and didn't notice a light post. (I was listening to the radio.)

I think I'll sue the power company for a causal finding that - because they were supplying power to the radio station's transmitter, I was able to recieve the signal from the station on my car's radio which caused the distraction.

Brilliant!!

I should be able to retire soon!!

Reply to
filesiteguy

I agree 100%. How is it that scum stealing something is somehow the fault of the manufacturer? Bizarre. The whole car is pretty easy to take apart, what with all the screws and bolts. Perhaps it should be 100% glued and welded so that it is more difficult for chop shops to part out? That might lower theft rates...

Apparently we exist in a grossly litigious society... gotta do something with the legions of lawyers the education system is cranking out I suppose...

Reply to
Mike

Exactly. It's a shame most are just feeding off of people who actually do something productive for a living.

Reply to
Steve T