xterra 2002 hitch

Hi there Xterra owners... I am looking into getting a hitch for my Xterra SE/SC 2002 The dealer price it astronomical. does anyone know where and how i can get a cheaper class III hitch installed? any ideas are greatly appreciated.

hilz

Reply to
hilz

Uhaul. However, in my experience, the Uhaul models rust quite quickly, while the Nissan hitches tend to not rust at all.

Reply to
ppointer

Get the Nissan hitch. Look for a place that sells Nissan parts cheaper.

Reply to
Derwud

The options i have right now are(all of them are class 3 hitches)

1) The nissan hitch is $325 withoug installation. (installat at the dealer is $250, somewhere else probably $50-$100, installing myslef, free!)

2) the U-Haul hitch is $200 installed.

3) Discount AutoParts have one that is by a manufacturer called "Valley" for $137 without installation.

I think option 1 is too expensive. Options 2 and 3 are almost the same if i want to get option 3 installed somewhere, and not install it myself.

do you know which one is better quality? the U-Haul hitch or the Valley one?

thanks.

Reply to
hilz

|The options i have right now are(all of them are class 3 hitches) | |1) The nissan hitch is $325 withoug installation. (installat at the dealer |is $250, somewhere else probably $50-$100, installing myslef, free!) | |2) the U-Haul hitch is $200 installed. | |3) Discount AutoParts have one that is by a manufacturer called "Valley" for |$137 without installation. | |I think option 1 is too expensive. Options 2 and 3 are almost the same if i |want to get option 3 installed somewhere, and not install it myself. | |do you know which one is better quality? the U-Haul hitch or the Valley one? | |thanks.

I have Nissan's on mine, but I've always bought Hidden Hitch's for my other cars. They've been great.

Thanks... Brian Bergin

I can be reached via e-mail at cisco_dot_news_at_comcept_dot_net.

Please post replies to the group so all may benefit.

Reply to
Brian Bergin