Turn signals

My 4way flasher and turn signals have become erratic. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. Anyone know ware the flasher is located?

Reply to
Steven Jacobs

Steven Jacobs

(oooh, topposting yourself, eh?)

Um, on my '98 GXE it is located under and a little to the left of the steering wheel. It is a real pain to get under there. I can barely fit. On mine (which was replaced last month), it is a little square grey box attached to a bunch of wires. Man, on these compact cars, it sure is hard to get under the dash to replace things.

Kai Ponte

this is not a compact. You want fun, try under the dash of an Integra.

JM

Reply to
JM

Yeah, my friend has an '89. We were working on replacing his computer. I barely fit in there. Talk about a small car!

And yes - the Maxima is a compact. It sure as heck doesn't feel like a mid-size. I drove a Buick Park Avenue midsize while the Maxima was being repaired last year. Now that had a bit more room.

I do wish my parents never sold of my great-aunt's '78 continental. Now that was a nice sized car.

Kai

Reply to
Kai Ponte

Reply to
Brian

I really wonder where they come up with these definitions. I do not consider a Maxima midsize nor a park avenue full size. I remember full size cars - Lincoln Mark V, Cadillac Seville - those are full size.

I am now stating that a Max is a compact. There.

Sentra, Tercel, CVCC, those are sub-compacts.

I'm 6' 4" and I can tell you that my Max is not mid size anything. I have the seat all the way back and it is more or less comfortable, but I really wouldn't mind being able to streach my legs once in a while.

Kai Ponte

I think you'll find yourself in the minority with that viewpoint.

My dad's 01 park avenue is plenty big by modern standards. It might be a little smaller than Lincolns and Caddys, but they're all just damn big.

A Max has plenty of room - rear passengers have plenty of space, even on the

4th gens. It has been growing with each gen - so the '88 was a compact, but the 02s are certainly full size. I think it graduated to full-size in the 3rd gen.

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman

Nope, full size is Buick Roadmaster, Mercury Grand Marquis, Lincoln Town Car,....period!

Reply to
noyap

No it didn't,..manufacturers and insurance companies just shrank the PEOPLE........

Reply to
noyap

Nope, full size is a '74 Caddy Fleetwood.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Thank you all! I am aware that the insurance and mfg industries tend to set the sizes based on some measurement, but for us "larger" people, it is infuriating.

If I had my way, I'd be driving an H2 or one of those Fleetwoods. Hey, even an old '60-s Impala would do.

Yes, I CAN fit into one of these cars, hell I've even rented Tercels, Focus', Neons, and other sub compacts. But I just don't feel comfortable in much these days.

Funny story: My mom had a '73 VW, which she kept unil '84. She was going to give it to me to drive when I turned 16, in '85. However at

14, I alredy couldn't fit my legs under the steering wheel and there was no way I could let out the clutch, as my knees would jam into the space between the wheel and the door. :) K
Reply to
Kai Ponte