Turn signals sporadic 99GLE

Suddenly the turn signals don't work. Or rather sometimes they do, for a moment, then they go off.

This showed up after the car came out of the shop, where the mechanic fixed the fuel injectors and one wire.

Could there be a connection between the events?

Alternatively, could it be a fuse problem? I can't imagine that they would go on at all, if that was the case.

If it's neither of the above, what could it be, and would it be expensive to fix?

Suggestions?

TIA

Reply to
aspasia

Turn signals not working at all now!

Any advice, so I am forearmed when going back to mechanic?

Worried about driving w/arm signals!

TIA

Aspasia

Reply to
aspasia

I had a similar experience, turned out to be a bad solder joint on the board that controls the signals. Cost me about $50 mainly for the time to find the problem. Glad I got lucky and know an honest mechanic.

Reply to
davidb1

or so you think, chances are it was just a bad bulb or flasher unit or a loose ground to one of the bulb sockets

Reply to
NissTech

The good news is that my mechanic fixed the turn signals and the flasher (which had also gone out). Said it was a short in the wiring.

The bad news is that it cost $225.00. That seems like a LOT of money! He claims it took him over 4 hours. Is that possible????

Does anybody have an opinion whether the cost was in the ballpark? This is So. Calif. coastal; a fairly affluent (all but me!) community.

Aspasia

Reply to
aspasia

Since he spent a half an hour messing with it while I was there, I consider $50 a fair price considering what the possible scam $s could have been. He happens to be one of my alarm customers. The shop was also full, and his other mechanic was at the doc. I came in the late morning and he took the time to get me on the road right away. Now suppose I had gone to the dealer and been told a new flasher unit was $150...and the labor was 4 hours...

Don't get me wrong, NissTech, I for one appreciate your advice tremendously. You have been a big help to many people including me over the years. I wish you worked at my local dealer so I would be comfortable going to them.

Reply to
davidb1

Dear Ones - Would you take another look at this and give me your opinion about the cost? I want to keep on using my nabe mechanic -- IF he's being straight with me.

TIA

Aspasia

Reply to
aspasia