MILAGE

1999 MAX GLE WITH 3000 6 CYL. GETTING 18 PER GAL. CHANGED PLUGS, AIR AND GAS FILTER. ANY SUGSESTION APPRECIATED.
Reply to
tonga

I was getting 13 or 14 in town. See recent corresp. under "Terrible mileage 99 GLE".

Dunno how many cyl. It's a V6. Mileage was OK-ish when I bought it nearly 2 years ago, then sharply declined last few months.

I had the same thing done as you -- platinum plugs, all filters, changed oil. No improvement. I then contacted the hq. of CarMax where I bought the car. They suggested maybe plugged fuel injection. Had it checked at my nabe mechanic. He said that was the problem. Fixed it for $505.00.

Road tested at freeway speed for 1 hour - got 28 mpg!

BUT -- BUT -- BUT Let's see if any improvement around town. Now running through first tank at local speeds. Stay tuned.

HTH

Aspasia

Reply to
aspasia
18 is not out of line for in-city mileage on that car. What are the circumstances? Is this highway mileage, city, combination? Did it previously get some other mileage and this is a dramatic change? Have you changed your normal driving pattern? How many miles on it? Manual or automatic transmission? Need more info to be able to do any more than make wild guesses.

Reply to
E Meyer

good for you, that's about what it's supposed to be getting

Now turn off the CAPS

Reply to
NissTech

yes 18 to 19 in town,,thats exactly what to expect.

If you want more, you should have bought a Sentra.

"NissTech" wrote:

Reply to
common_ sense

its spelled mileage,,,,

18 to 19 >1999 MAX GLE WITH 3000 6 CYL. GETTING 18 PER GAL. CHANGED PLUGS, AIR AND GAS
Reply to
common_ sense