Where is the ECU in 99 Maxima

My 99 maxima idles irregularly, and today I tried to find the codes from the ECU following the intructions posted on a webpage. But when I took off the plastic cover, I found a speed adjustor instead of a self-diagnosis mode selector. Can anyone tell me where the ECU is in my car? Thanks.

Reply to
mike cai

Next to the right side of acceleration pedal. Open a cover on the right of your acceleration pedal. You should see a metal or aluminum box. Follow the instruction that you have found on the website. There will be small plastic that covers the screw, peel it off or break it before you start to diagnose or find out the trouble codes.

Reply to
Maxima99