removing rear spindle nut on 99 Maxima

I need to replace the rear wheel bearing on my 99 maxima. According to the Haynes manual, there is supposed to be a retaining pin that needs to be removed before the spindle nut can be taken off with a

30mm ratchet head. However, on my car (everything is original), there is no retaining pin. Instead, it looks like the rim of spindle nut was intentionally bent in towards the spindle to prevent removal. So, how do I take it off? Has anyone tried it on their 99 Max?

Thanks,

- Ilya.

Reply to
Ilya S