1007

Just has a little sit and play in a 1007 (left hand drive). Very very nice. Feels as solid as a rock with loads of headroom and kneeroom for 4 adults. Cute design with interchangeable trim finish. My one had paddle shift gears! Boot very small though and I guess that the solid feel results in the car feeling heavy. Also a tad expensive at 10800GBP starting price tag.

But the star of the show had to be the sliding doors - I predict that in 15 years time most cars will have them they really transform how easy it is to get in and out. Well done Peugeot.

Reply to
Foo Foo Barney

It's a car that will either be a great success or a complete flop, I reckon. You forgot to mention that it also recorded the best ever crash test score in the Euro NCAP crash tests.

If those doors start to develop faults, it'll get such a bad press, so I hope they've tested them properly and made them easy to fix. But I think most people will love the doors, even if they start to get impatient about how long it takes for them to open and close. Perhaps they'll introduce a cheaper one with manual doors, though there might be finger-trapping implications.

The Top Gear presenters' mothers didn't reckon much to it, but I wish it well. It's different and interesting.

Androo

Reply to
androo

Hi,

No miracle for the boot, a tiny car can't have a lot of "cargo" space ;-)

Pffffffffffffffffff ! Price starting around 13k EUR here.

Yeah, that *is* brilliant. Driving with 3-doors for a while, I assume it's a damn good thing, esp. in underground car parks. The electric driving of these doors seems to be a bit of a gizmo to me, a manual drive would have been nice, too and would have lowered the price (perhaps in a future, economic version - why not calling it a 1007 Junior ? :-) ).

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T