Peugeot 107, 1007, 207, 308, 407 etc - Opinions

What do people think about the styling on the new pugs? I think they?re bland, the 207 for example looking very similar to everything else on the market. I know the 205 looked a fair bit like some of it?s competitiors but at least they seemed to be making an effort. The 407 isn?t bad but it looks a bit too much like a Jag to me.

Streltsky

Reply to
Streltsky

I like the 1007. You could hardly call that bland. Likewise the 107, which is very cute and radical, though of course not uniquely Peugeot. The 207 looks okay from what I've seen so far, though it's a bit 'safe', like the new Clio.

I've tried to like the 407, but don't like the overhangs, and the rear end is very uninspired. Looks nothing like a Jag though!

Androo

Reply to
androo

Hi,

Pretty good idea IMO to try and make the design evoluate while keeping the old heritage of oldest pugs, like the sharp lights.

Pretty true, as were 504s and 505s, but I hope it will have the little "plus" thing which makes the difference. Come on, the real Pug owner doesn't give a f#ck about the design, and most of them are pretty discrete - if you wanna something which has a lot of look, take an Alfa or a VW, and take the pile of crap which comes with it as standard. Nope, IMHO Pugs were designed by technicians for drivers, and I guess they were the exact definition of what you brits call "driver's car", a nice compromise between performance, economy, comfort and handling. A car you can drive for hours before being tired. A car which allows you to drive drive drive with a good comfort and having the feeling you're driving like on a rail, when the orange light makes you think "oh, already time to refuel ?"

The 205 had a design close to any other car at this moment I think (c'mon I'm only 24), but with this "little plus" I tried to explain above. It had a great success here perhaps because it was a french car... But also I think because it offered the best package whatever talking about handling, braking, performance, economy and reliability. Compare to a Renault 5 ("Super 5"), Vauxhall Nova, or Fiat Uno, and you might think I'm right.

OK, that was my opinion about that. In conclusion, I'd add that, as a heavy Pug fan, I'm pretty sad I cannot take part to the development of the future products from the Sochaux's firm.

Cheers, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Hi,

And what I mean is today perhaps they just let talk the designers too much and not the techies enough... Although they have some good ideas (like the

1007's doors).

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

It?s that big grin and bulky build that make me think of Jags. The fact is that I don?t exactly think "That?s a bit differant" when I see the new Pugs, but I suppose it?s better to be slightly tame than be like the Renaults

Reply to
Streltsky