106 Front Brakes.

Hi,

My wife's got a '94 106 XN 1.1 which we've had from new. For the last four years the car's only done about 2000 miles a year. The problem we are having is that the car is vibrating terribly under braking. We've had new disks and pads every year to get through the MOT, but within weeks of having them replaced the vibrate again. Other than the vibrating, they seem to stop the car OK. We've tried genuine Peugeot and third party disks to no avail. HELP .... please!

Regards,.

Steve.

Reply to
Steve Cooper

I had the same problem with an AX (same car, basically). This was after 7 years (but only 22K miles)

I replaced the disks and it's been OK since, but you must make sure the surfaces between hub/disk are spottlesley clean, and try to avoid lots of heavy braking.

Also properly bed in the pads when replaced - brake moderately from 30mph to a stop a a few times.

Reply to
chris