106 heater

Hi

Just delurking to ask a question about a 1.4 diesel 106 Nreg.

SWMBO's car has stopped heating the cab. I swapped the thermostat (as it's a simple job and they aren't expensive) and refilled and bled the system. I suspect the heater matrix is blocked but there is one thing the Haynes BoL doesn't make clear. Is there a control on the pipes into the matrix or does the hot/cold lever just control the airflow? I can hear a sort of thump as though a flap is moving when I move the lever. If it's a blocked matrix I can try flushing it as I can get to the pipes pretty easily. If the control alters a valve then it's going to be a bugger as I'll have to dismantle half the dash by the looks.

Reply to
Malc