1998 406 - ventilation blower

Fan went intermittent about a week ago, packed up completely this morning......absolutely freezing coming to work. When it went intermittent, you could hear a relay click as you moved the fan speed slider over sometimes. I had to replace the ignition switch 18 months ago when the auxilliary contacts burnt out so I doubt its the same fault...although with my experience of pug electrics so far....

Where is the heater fan relay located? There is a whole mess of wires and boxes in the passenger footwell so my guess is its in there somewhere....or could it be something else?

thanks John

Reply to
John Ricketts

Got it.... it turns out to be a dodgy connection into the thermostat (located in footwell). This is the 5th electrical problem in 2 years! Why oh why don't Peugeot concede the additional 20 pence per car for gold plated contacts/crimps instead of tinned ones????

I for one will not be buying another!!

Reply to
John Ricketts

fixed it! It was a dodgy connection onto the stat in the footwell.... This is the 5th electrical problem in 2 years!! Why don't they spec gold plate on the contacts/crimps? It would cost about 20 pence per car.

Reply to
John Ricketts

I had a similar problem, but instead the entire fan would simply not work. Dodgy connection to the motor under the glove box.

Reply to
Alex