2.1TD 406 Glow plug life - info

Just some info about expected life of glow plugs, which may help someone. I have found ( at 85,000 mls 6 years,) that 3 out 4 glow plugs were not working, and have replaced them today. Symptoms were that engine refused to started when temperature below freezing, and a somewhat lumpy, smokey start when it did.

My recommendation would be to replace glow plugs at the same time as the timing belt (72k).

Reply to
Hardgrafter

In message , Hardgrafter writes

I got my timing belt done at 60k and having just rolled over 99k (1.9TD,

5 yrs old) the glowplugs are still going strong.
Reply to
mike. buckley