98 406 Headlight not working

Hi, I have a 98 406 glx auto. The passenger headlight has stopped working on setting 2 for night time driving (I can never remember the difference between beam and dipped headlights!). The sidelights work okay. The other problem is that the mileage display back light has stopped working (so I can't see it during the day time) and the left hand side of the radio display has gone dim.

I had a quick look at the fuse box (I'm assuming there is only one - located in teh engine compartment). Fuses seem fine i.e. the top wire on each one looks solid. May sound a stupid question - but do I need to pull them out one by one and re-seat them?

Would like to avoid going to a garage!

Thanks, Al.

Reply to
Al

The Question Asker

go to a garage its beyond you or you wouldn't have posted the question sorry if it sounds abrupt but that how i see it

Reply to
Mindwipe

Suggest you get out the manual and see if a fuse (the fusebox is under the steering column- open it with a penny or a screwdriver) protects all the missing lights- I think it would be a fuse if you lost lots of non related things at the same time. You would be able to see a blown fuse easily enough, then just replace with a spade of the same colour. From the petrol station.

Reply to
Ian McLeish