2002 406 Rapier Estate engine problem

My 406 Rapier Estate has recently given me trouble. I got an error message on the display saying "anti pollution fault" this lasts for around 4 seconds at the same time an orange light in the shape of an engine appears on the dashboard, this stays on. I have had the car looked at and an expensive fuel pressure regulator fitted, this following replacement of the low pressure fuel pump in the top of the fuel tank. I was told this had broken up and fine pieces had got into the regulator hence the replacement. I was told the car was fixed and when I picked it up it seemed much improved. However with half an hour the "Anti pollution fault" sign reapeared and the car reverted to limp mode, it won?t rev higher than 3000 revs. If all this is not bad enough the engine has now started to cut out while I am actually driving the car, most disconcerting and possitively dangerous while driving in traffic. Has anyone had similar problems and can anyone explain what and anti pollution fault actually is. Any help would be very much appreciated. thanks, Pete

Reply to
peter288