Smelly 406 Rapier 2002 model

2002 Rapier

Has anyone come across what papers to be exhaust type smells inside the car

The exhaust system is not leaking but I still have this smell which is variable in intensity.

The Air Con has been checked and NO Leaks from there either

Is there any likely door seal etc to check?: or something that I have totally missed

Any views would be welcome

Regards

A L Redshaw

Reply to
Anthony Redshaw

Has it had a new exhaust fitted? because it could be the paint they spray them with just burning off which takes a couple of days,or the heat shield under the car been removed.

Reply to
Chrs

Check the EGR valve and pipe for leaking.

Reply to
Nigel

The exhaust is not new and the car has only covered just over 49000 miles

Will check out the EGR valve as suggested

Thanks

Tony R

Reply to
Anthony Redshaw