205 Heater Control Module

Can someone please tell me how to inspect the heater control module on my Pug205 (K reg.) to see if it's faulty? The blower comes on sometimes but usually it doesn't work and I need it to de-mist the windows. The Peugeot Dealer told me that I probably need a new control module but it's over £100, but he also said it could be a bad connection (fingers X). Someone told me that I get to the heater through the passenger side-well but I can't remember how or what I have to disconnect? Thanks for any advice?

Reply to
Anonymous

The control module is located in the heater duct above the passenger side footwell. You'll have to put your head on the floor and look upwards behind the dash to see it. iirc it is held in place by two self tapping screws.

They do fail fairly often but shouldn't cost more than £5 at a scrap yard (They are only £15 or £21 new from GSF, depending whether it's a four or five pin version).

The easiest way to test it is to substitute it for a known working one.

sPoNiX

Reply to
sPONiX

Reply to