205gti: is the engine destroyed if toothed belt is teared?

Hello! does anybody know the answer to my question? ones again:is the engine destroyed if toothed belt is teared? i know there are cars like the vw golf II where the engine isnt destroyed because the valves dont reach to the piston. many thanks Felix

ps: i hope you can understand what i mean. i dont know all this special vocabulary.

Reply to
Felix S.

It is unlikely to be damaged. You will know when you fit a new belt and do a compression test.

Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish, unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do though.

Reply to
Dave Baker