206 1.9D, performance OK?

My daughter is interested in a 206 diesel. Either the 2.0HDI or the 1.9D. Can anyone tell me what the 1.9D goes like? I know the HDI will perform better, but she is not so interested in power. She currently has an old 306 TD, so some idea of how the lighter 206 might compare perhaps? Thanks folks. Brian.

Reply to
Brian

"Brian" wrote in news:hSm_h.5333$% snipped-for-privacy@newsfe7-gui.ntli.net:

Well, 22 BHP is something you will notice. The bare facts: 0-60: 306 TD 12,4 s, 206 D 15,2 s

If you're looking at the 2.0HDI, why not look for the 1.4HDI? Same horsepower as the 1.9D but much more torque at much lower revs so it will be a lot quicker.

Maarten

Reply to
Maarten Deen

Stick with your 1.9TD and do a first stage tune on it. I'm now running around 118bhp and 1.5bar of boost. It goes like hell.

Sean

Maarten Deen wrote:

Reply to
Itsmee

Go and get a road test in any of the cars she likes,i think that is the best way todo it,

Reply to
Chrs

Yes, I think that's the best idea. As I said, performance is not the overall issue, but price and running cost is, and the 306 is now getting very long in the tooth. As such, I doubt it has the performance of a relatively new

306TD, so the difference may not be so noticeable. The 1.4 HDI will probably be a bit too expensive for her, though it would be the best choice.
Reply to
Brian