Re: Any Forte owners ?

I had something unprecedented happen with the Forte. I recommended it to my daughter (which is usually a death knell in terms of any hope of her actually buying that). Reluctantly, she let me go with her to look at new cars.

For better or worse, when we pulled into the lot, the first car she saw was this "hot, red sports car." She got in and immediately fell in love with the car. At some point, she did say, "Okay, dad, I like this car - now what car did you say I should look at?"

I asked her if she had any idea what car she was sitting in. She got out, went to the back of the car, and saw that it was a Kia Forte SX (the high-end sport model). She got that look on her face that gave away that she had just made dad look good.

She also got smart enough to resist getting that car, and instead getting the mid-line EX (a wise purchase, I believe). She loves it - so do I.

And I can tell you that in just about any way imaginable, it blows away the competition. It is just large enough that one may not have to purchase a bigger car because of lack of space. It has every imaginable piece of safety equipment, is modern and up-to-date, and matches good power with good fuel economy.

Finally, Kia is getting around to producing some seriously good vehicles. And with their seriously good prices to match, they are an almost irresistable value.

Wondering how Forte owners are liking their cars after say 12k miles? > I like this new car a LOT. Seriously thinking of getting a sport > model. I'm a camry owner. I'll probably keep it since it's an 01 with > a lot of miles. Now I'm curious just how many I can get out of it. > > But I've test driven the forte 3 times already and think it blows away > the corolla and anything else in its segment.
Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

I test drove a Forte, then found a 2009 KIA Spectra with 4,700 miles on the used lot.

Rental car.

Bought it in October, 7,800 miles now, best tank of gas was 38 mpg, highway driving, A/C compressor off.

Goodyear Eagle LS tires, great wet traction driving through Tennessee, NC, and SC....... two days solid rain, thanks to IDA remains moving through.

No regrets, figure I saved $3,000 by finding this one, even though I was looking at 2010 Forte sedans

let someone else eat the depreciation.

Reply to
mark hoffman

My other two kids and wife drive Spectras. Good little car, though I don't think it holds a candle to the new Forte. But for what each of the Spectras cost, pretty impressive.

Oh, and BTW, I'm sorry in that I don't share your view on those Goodyear tires. Very expensive, very short life, and my wife was scared every time it rained until I got those tires off of her Spectra.

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt