206 - no reversing lights

My lights don't come on when I put the car into reverse.

Aside from the obvious first step of changing the bulbs what else could it be? Fuse? If so, which one should I be looking at?

Many thanks,

Moo

Reply to
Moo

Look at the switch on the sie of the gear-box, these things seam to give a lot of trouble.no a 206 i think it is at the back of the box beside the gear link,

Reply to
Chrs

How do I get to that, lift the leather cover up?

Reply to
Moo

No, crawl underneath. All you get under the leather cover is the end of the gear lever.

Reply to
malc

you have to jack the car up or look at the gear links from under the bonnet, you might be able to see it that way.good luck

Reply to
Chrs

I have a 306 and the switch is on top of the gearbox. Just look for wires around the gearbox area link them together ignition on reverse lights will come on if its the switch.

SB

Reply to
soundboy

What was the out come of the rear reverse lights? was it the switch or wires?

Reply to
Chrs

"soundboy" schreef in bericht news:1Krbj.5454$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe4-win.ntli.net...

And what will happen if it's not the switch? :-)

Reply to
Linea Recta

Have too look at the wires.but i bet any money on it being that switch.

Reply to
Chrs

The Pug reversing light switches are renowned for their reliability

---- not.

Reply to
Brian

The Pug reversing light switches are renowned for their reliability

---- not.

Yes, I had to have mine replaced too, about one year ago. (Partner diesel)

Reply to
Linea Recta