206 Radio Not Working

Hi guys

I have a 99MY Peugeot 206 and the radio has stopped working. The illumination around the main knob illuminates, but none of the other buttons/radio work.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Stu

Has it lost the code ??

Reply to
Fitzy.

I don't think so. Going by other cars in the past, I would have expected it to show 'code' on the centre display if it just needed the code put in.

Reply to
Stu

Most radios have 2 live feeds,

1 ...................from the ignition switch,called switching live 1................... permanent for memory, may be its lost one of the lives, check the fuse box for a blown fuse, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy.

Yeah, of course. Although I was hoping that maybe this may have been a common issue. As it doesn't seem to be, then I will resort to the basics of checking the permanent live, switched live and earth.

The last time I worked on a Peugeot all the wire colours were the same, but had letters denoting what was what. Do you know what the wires are for the switched live, permanent live and earth?

Reply to
Stu

Sorry mate,, I don't know,,?? but I'm sure someone on this group will come to the rescue, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy.