306 (1995) DTurbo Heating

Hi folks,

On my drive to work this morning I noticed that the heating in the car was not as warm as it usually is.

At first I thought I would check the coolant level - this was ok

Then I thought I would check to see if the control (via wire) was actually moving the control on the matrix - it was!

When the engine was not running, I got my home made filler (to raise the reservoir level) and opened the bleed screw at the top of the engine and I noticed that water came out steadily. - do I need to take the screw all the way out and look for bubbles???

So when I tested the heating again, I thought that I had cracked it, but the temp dramatically dropped back to cold again - this is something that can be repeated.

Heater matrix shot? - or full with air ? thermostat?

thanks in advance.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Sims

It does sound like your thermostat is on its way out. Does it produce more heat when you accelerate after standing for a while? and then cool down again when you are travelling? If so, I'd be looking at the thermostat.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Thanks guys,

My journey is around 30 miles, so it should be well warmed up.

The temperature guage is around 75, is this lower than normal ?

down again when you are travelling?

Yes, it does seem to act like you described.

Ad

Reply to
Adrian Sims

Can anyone help me locate the thermostat on this engine?

Thanks Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Sims