306 Coolant Level Warning Light

Hi, I have a peugeot 306 xldt and the Coolant Level Warning light comes on. I have checked the level and it is fine. Have just taken it to a garage and they say I
need a new radiator, but the sensor is not on the radiator and I'm not loosing water, also the temperature gauge never goes above half hot. Does anybody know where the Coolant Level Sensor is located? Cheers Gary

comes on. I have checked the level and it is fine. Have just taken it to a garage and they say I need a new radiator, but the sensor is not on the radiator and I'm not loosing water, also the temperature gauge never goes above half hot.

It's on the side of the expansion tank - facing forward.
Radiators are prone to going on 306's. I think that's most probably your problem.
Stuart http://www.radox.freeserve.co.uk/306.htm
Just to update this post. Ive been keeping an eye on the level and made sure that water is circling the engine properly (valve on the right hand side of the radiator and at the back of the engine bay) the light went off a few days ago and hasnt been on since. Ive done several hundred miles and its fine. No changes have been made. Probably a faulty earth I recently had the power steering pump seal fail and covered the engine in oil. I still dont know where the Water Level Sensor is, no mention in the Haynes book. Although theyve changed it now to a "Service and Repair book" not as thorough as it used to be. The Temperature Sensor is mentioned, and this is on the block, I assume its part of this.