[306] Inner rear fenders

Hi!

Remember that I asked how to fix a rusty spot right in the middle of the flat area behind the second window in the left side and where it could have come from? On the 306s, there are inner fender (correct word? The area around the wheel.) made from plastic installed around the rear wheels. On my car, one is missing. We've seen that only today looking at the rear bumper.

Now here's the question: For what kind of work does this part need to be removed? Obviously it cannot just fall off, so I want to figure out what this car has been through.

Tobi

Reply to
Tobias Meyer

Can't remember now, but it's either clips or screws or a combination of both. They can just fall off, the front driver's side one on my 306 came off on a motorway. I thought it was just something from the road I'd run over and didn't realise until a few days later. I've also removed the rear ones to clear the sunroof water channels. Whatever holds them in, it's not a difficult job to fit a new one. The front one cost me about £17 in UK,

Neil

Reply to
Neil D

Neil D schrieb:

You do know though, that the pillar is basically empty like half a meter up, don't you? On my car I believe that thing being not there (ans me not realising it) costed me a rusty spot.

Good to know.

Tobi

Reply to
Tobias Meyer

When I bought a 306 at 1 year old, I noticed it had one missing as well. I was advised by the dealer that there isn't supposed to be one on the left hand side.

Reply to
Eck McTurk

Eck McTurk schrieb:

Why not? I can't understand that, as all the dirt gets like way up into the body and won't ever get out again!

Tobi

Reply to
Tobias Meyer

On my 98 306 it only had one too when I bought it. I have actually removed the other one too because when I had so much as a toothbrush in the boot the rear wheel on that side would scrape against it. I had the rear suspension and shocks checked out and they where fine. Dealer just suggested I remove it so I did.

Reply to
VulcanXH558