306 xld int light + electonics and mystery's help

1996 306 XLD ELECTRICS hi all can anyone tell me why i have no light when i open any door, the roof light switch has to be moved from the open doors to the light on position and that works ok,

and can someone say if this car should have an alarm or imobialiser or not, ive looked every where the fuses are all ok i can't find any switch as the hanes book says, so how does one get to the answers of these questions,

thanks for your time brian

Reply to
brian rhodes

Sounds like the door switch could do with a good squirt of WD40 or similiar whilst giving it a good few presses and twists. If that doesn't work, might be a chaffed wire behind.

For info on 306s, try my site

or my Peugeot 306 Yahoo group at
Hope that helps, Stuart

Stuart Dalby

I ahve this problem, but only on drivers side. Light alarm doesnt go off when the lights are left on and you open the drivers door, but does on passenger so must be a switch problem on drivers side

Reply to
KW_UK