306 more silly questions

Some more queries entered my mind, again they're probably not possible, but worth asking anyway. Won't ever find out if I don't ask! Firstly, how easy is it to convert the manual windows to electric ones, and how easy is it to get the parts/motors to do this? Secondly, is it possible to install central locking onto a non-central locking car? Basically what I want to do with this is have all 4 doors & the boot lock, and activate an alarm (which I'm going to ask about next) with the plip of a button. Thirdly, what's the best alarm system to put into the 306, and how easy is it to install? Has anyone ever had any experience of doing such tasks, or is this asking way too much (probably the latter!)? Many thanks, Dan

Reply to
Dan

Not sure how to say this without sounding rude, but have you considered buying a car that has these features as standard?

Reply to
sid

yes it can all be done get your self down a brakers and get parts and hope you good at wiring and as sid said up there would be good idear to go for car with this fitted

Reply to
blackknight

*convert the manual windows to electric ones*

This is a big job to undertake unless you are qualified and have the time. But it can be done - the 306 was prone to problems in this area so if you went to the breakers yard, chancers are you could end up with faulty second gear.

*is it possible to install central locking onto a non-central locking car?*

Again a big job for a first timer. another phrone fault on 306s

*alarm*

I have the toad alarm on my 306 which I had fitted, because the garage I bought it from said the peugeot alarm worked but when I got it home the damn thing was broke.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

You aren't being rude here my friend - its a valid answer.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Thanks for the reply everyone. The answer to the most wondered question, why didn't I buy one with it already fitted, I would have done, however this one that I saw was the limited edition Miami model in a metallic ice blue colour, really nice and everything. So I figured it's something that could be done given a lot of time!

Anyway, I've aquired a universal central locking kit and alarm kit. The alarm kit can control the central locking, and it's one of them that if you walk into the vicinity of the car with the keyfob it opens/starts for you, and alerts you when the car's being tampered with etc. I'm going to go about fitting it (the alarm system at least) this weekend, with the help of a Haynes manual and a friend.

I've not spotted an electric window system yet. Seeing as you mention that it was prone to problems, I may not go ahead with it. Depends how I feel I guess.

Many thanks for your help.

Dan

Reply to
Dan