306 roof rack

Does anyone know the size of the screws required to fit a 306 roof rack(5 door). I will have the rack today, though screws have gone walkies from current owner..

Many thanks

Pete

Reply to
Gav

Sorry I can't help with the bolt size, but I have to give a word of warning. I bought second hand roof bars for a 405 years ago, also without the bolts. I bought bolts from B&Q, the thread was fine, but it was too long, I though the resistance i was feeling was because the thread might have some rubbish in it, so i turned a bit harder and snapped the bolt in the hole. Ended up having to have a bigger hole and thread made for that corner. If you can't find bolts short enough, just hack-saw off longer ones,

Neil

Reply to
Neil D