306 Brakes

Whenever i put my foot on the brake an orange light illuminates the dash (it's a circle with dashes around it). Coud someone tell me what this is and how to stop it. The car didn't come with a handbook when i bought it before anyone suggests looking in there for it. I have checked all the tail lights and they are all working.

Also when i am driving along the just to lower right of the steering wheel starts to click (i think it may be the relays switching on and off rapidly). Any idea on what this is and if it related to the problem above?

Reply to
306newbie

(it's a circle with dashes around it). Coud someone tell me what this is and how to stop it. The car didn't come with a handbook when i bought it before anyone suggests looking in there for it. I have checked all the tail lights and they are all working.

That light indicates worn brake pads.

Reply to
No-One

Either you need to refill the brakes fluid or to replace the brakes pads; whatever you do, do it fast!

"306newbie" escreveu na mensagem news:cedafg$ri9$ snipped-for-privacy@titan.btinternet.com...

(it's a circle with dashes around it). Coud someone tell me what this is and how to stop it. The car didn't come with a handbook when i bought it before anyone suggests looking in there for it. I have checked all the tail lights and they are all working.

starts to click (i think it may be the relays switching on and off rapidly). Any idea on what this is and if it related to the problem above?

Reply to
Jean-Jacques Pardete

Thanks for that, still does anyone know about the relay problem?

Reply to
306newbie

(it's a circle with dashes around it). Coud someone tell me what this is and how to stop it. The car didn't come with a handbook when i bought it before anyone suggests looking in there for it. I have checked all the tail lights and they are all working.

starts to click (i think it may be the relays switching on and off rapidly). Any idea on what this is and if it related to the problem above?

Relay is more than likely the indicator relay, this can be caused by the indicator stalk making bad connections or a faulty relay. Try cleaning the Indicator stalk and putting a bit of WD40 on it.

Mark

Reply to
Mark