306 Shaking

I recently bought a 306, 95 model which shakes when i'm accelerating above

45mph. This stops when i let go of the accelerator. I've had the wheels balanced and the tracking done but no change. I've also noticed that the rubber around the top of the cylinder head (gasket cover i think?) is all cracked and oil seems to be escaping. Could this be the reason for the shaking? Also there is a small orange warning light comes on each time i start the car, it looks like an engine block. Could this be the same fault? Any help would be very much appreciated.
Reply to
Dirom306

The "engine block" is the ECU light and means that there is a fault message from the ECU. It needs to be read by a workshop with the equipment for downloading the error messages.

Reply to
Buccaneer

"Dirom306" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

I believe that the ECU light is supposed to light continuously before the ignition starts, and then extinguish when the engine has started.

If it lights at any other time with engine running, then there's a problem.

Reply to
southpawArcher