306 TD Behaviour of petrol gauge

I have a 1997 R Reg 306 Turbo Diesel S (only just got acquired it). I've noticed that in the morning when I drive the car to work, the petrol gauge starts of by reading nearly 1/2 a tank. After a few minutes of driving it has slowly fallen to 1/4. This repeats itself when I drive it home again in the evening. It's been the same over the few days driving backwards and forwards to work (work is only 12 miles away so not a lot of fuel used).

Any comments?

Reply to
Stephen Howell

Hello Cheater,

LOL ! Mind you, it's a common language mistake we also have with French :-)

Regards, G.T (no petrol gauge on his car) snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr snipped-for-privacy@ironmaiden.com

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T